WELCOME to the CITY of FRANKLIN, KENTUCKY
Click here to view the City of Franklin Water Treatment Plant 2019 Water Quality Report www.krwa.org/2019ccr/franklin.pdf
In an effort to comply with the Governor’s directive of social distancing due to our Nation’s pandemic regarding COVID-19, City Hall & Franklin Municipal Utilities (FMU) will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17. This public closure will remain in effect until the Governor releases the social distancing restrictions across the state. Please note that City Personnel will continue to report to work and will work very hard to remotely meet the needs of every one of our customers.
The City of Franklin & FMU considers the safety of our customers and employees of the utmost importance. As we navigate these uncertain times, we want to assure you that we will work tirelessly to provide reliable water and sewer services to our customers.
There are multiple ways to interact with FMU without visiting the office:
- City Personnel will be at work and available to assist customers remotely. You can reach Customer Service via phone at 270-586-4497, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax at 270-586-9419, or you can message us through our website at http://www.franklinky.org/contact.
- From our website (http://www.franklinky.org/water-bill#pay-your-bill), you can access your account information and pay your bill online. If you have trouble accessing your account, please call us at 270-586-4497 and we’ll be glad to help you sign in. We will be available from 8:00 to 4:00pm Monday-Friday.
- You can use our automated phone system to pay your bill. This service will allow you to make a payment using a credit card or bank account (via E-Check). The phone number is 270-776-9846.
- Please note that all Credit Card/Merchant Transaction fees will be covered by the City and waived for the customer for all remote payments made during this time.
- You can sign up for Automatic Bank Draft. Forms to sign up for this draft will be available in the lobby of City Hall (which will be open to the public, Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm.) Or we will be happy to email you a copy upon request. You will need to complete the proper form and attach a VOIDED check, or letter from your bank with the appropriate banking information, and return it to us via the drop box located in the lobby at City Hall (see next bullet point for further details.) or through the mail.
- A drop box is located inside the lobby of City Hall (which will be open to the public, Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm). When you walk in the front door the box will be located on the wall, to the left, before you get to the door to enter into the Finance Department.
- FMU partners with Regions Bank in the use of their Night Deposit Box. This Night Drop (located behind City Hall – Region Bank’s “Night Drop”) will be available for drop off payments 24 hours a day. Envelopes are available at the Night Drop.
- All banks in Simpson County will accept payments at their branch and/or through their drive thru during their normal operating hours. Please note – you must have your Utility Bill with you in order for them to accept payment.
CONTINUED – PAGE 2 of 2
All of these options allow us to stay in contact with the needs of our customers without being in close physical proximity. We want to reiterate, again, that City Personnel will be are available for questions at 270-586-4497, you can email customer service at Jennifer.email@example.com, you can message us through our website at http://www.franklinky.org/contact, or you can fax us at 270-586-9419.
NOTICE REGARDING DISCONNECTION OF WATER & SEWER UTILITY SERVICES:
Management at the City of Franklin & FMU is meeting regularly to stay on top of any changes and information regarding COVID-19. As of this writing, FMU has chosen to suspend disconnections for non-payment of bills until the Governor releases the social distancing restrictions across the state. It is important to understand that failure to pay does not eliminate your bill. Even though your service will not be disconnected for nonpayment at this time, you will be responsible for paying the bill in full after these restrictions have been lifted.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. These are unchartered waters and we, as a community, will come together to get through this.
CENSUS 2020 - Click here to view a very informative video on what the Census is and how to complete the online form. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEUXpqTAlf8
The 2018 Franklin Municipal Utility Water System’s annual water quality report is available. This report contains important information about your drinking water. Please click here to view your 2018 annual water quality report or you can request a paper copy - please call City Hall at (270) 586-4497.
To view this video, click on the video tab on this home page , click on "Watch Now" and then select the SOKY Jobs Franklin video there.
New Emergency Alert System
To receive emergency alert calls, please sign up at http://public.alertsense.com/signup/?regionid=1368 or call 270-586-1800. The county has changed the mass notification system and new information must be entered.
Comcast Drops WBKO Channel 247
As many of you have noticed, Comcast has recently dropped WBKO channel 247 from their lineup. This is not an issue that the City has caused, nor can we correct it. According to Kim Sasser-Hayden, Comcast Sr. Manager of Governmental Affairs for the Franklin, KY area, ABC will now only allow one channel to broadcast their programming, and Comcast dropped WBKO channel 247 for Franklin instead of channel 2 out of Nashville. She is checking into the possibility of dropping channel 2 and bringing back WBKO channel 247 for the Franklin, KY area. If you would like to contact her to express your opinion, her contact number is 615-476-6071, and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
NewsSee All News
Visit the City of Franklin Video Center to watch video of presentations, special meetings, and more.